COVID-19 Procedures for classes at the NCAC:
1. Everyone entering and exiting the NCAC will be required to use hand sanitizer (it will be provided).
2. Social distancing (a minimum of 2 metres) must be respected at all times within the NCAC.
3. We have staggered start and end times to reduce the number of students entering and exiting the building at one time and will be using multiple entry points.
- STUDIO 1 and 3 please enter and exit through the main entrance
- STUDIO 2 please enter and exit the studio through the glass door located to the left of the main entrance
- STUDIO 10 please enter and exit through the glass door located to the right of the main entrance
4. In each studio, we have created physically distanced boxes in the center that are 9 feet by 9 feet and have marked out spots at the barres that are 9 feet apart.
5. Class sizes will be determined by the square footage of each studio. Maximum capacities have been provided by the city of Ottawa.
6. Self assessments prior to entering the NCAC are mandatory. Please use the Ottawa Public Health Self-Screening Assessment, which will be provided via email and can be found on our website on the COVID-19 page under the home tab (www.lespetitsballets.com). Each student will be required to verbally confirm that they have completed the self assessment and that they answered no to all of the questions. If you answer yes to any of the questions please remain at home, self isolate and contact Ottawa Public Health.
8. If a student becomes ill while in class, staff will immediately isolate the student in a designated area and call the indicated emergency contact person. The student will be supervised and the emergency contact will have 15 minutes to pick up the student. The emergency contact will be required to wear a mask into the NCAC and sanitize their hands when entering and exiting. Ottawa Public Health will be notified immediately.
9. All students will come dressed, ready for class. Students will require a dance bag for their dance shoes, a water bottle, and to put their outside clothing in. This bag will remain with students as the change rooms are currently closed. *Please fill your water bottle up at home so that you do not need to leave the studio and bring an extra bag for your outdoor shoes.
10. Washrooms will be for urgent use only. Students will sanitize their hands before and after use. Please use the washroom prior to coming to class to limit the need to leave the dance studio.
11. Only registered students will be permitted to enter the NCAC. Teachers will meet the students at the entrance before class and bring them back to exit through the same door.
12. All barre and high touch point surfaces will be disinfected in between all group changes.
13. City of Ottawa staff are responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the NCAC, and follow strict public health guidelines.
14. If Les Petits Ballets is required to suspend in-studio classes due to an Emergency Declaration or other required closure(s), all dance classes will continue via Zoom.
15. We will implement any other safety protocols required by the government and/or the health unit.
16. Mask Protocol ~ Currently, masks are MANDATORY for ALL students and staff while inside of the NCAC. This includes during class.