Ballet training for adults is an excellent way to increase flexibility and muscular strength. It also improves posture, coordination, endurance, balance, range of motion and overall cardiovascular health.
The adult program includes three levels of instruction and offers week day, evening and weekend classes. Participants include experienced dancers as well as those with no previous dance experience. New students are encouraged to try a class to assess their level.
"What a great activity! Ballet is an excellent form of exercise at any age. The music helps inspire the movement. It’s very social. And of course the teacher is so important. Eva is wonderfully encouraging and patient. Do try Les Petits Ballets!
Taking ballet classes with beautiful music and choreography give me energy and benefit for my well-being. I thoroughly enjoy myself at every class.
No matter how my week is going, class always makes me feel better. Lovely studio, inspiring music and fabulous teacher! What could be better?
The ballet class exercises lubricates my joints, challenges my brain and the music soothes my soul.
I am well into my senior years and I joined Les Petits Ballets’ Adult Ballet Class a year and a half ago. What a joy to move to beautiful music and I am amazed at my improved balance and (hurray!) my memory. You are never too old to study ballet and it is a lot of fun; but best of all it "Feeds My Soul".
After three months, I can already see improvement in my balance and agility and I have a better knowledge of ballet steps. I really enjoy this class.
Decades ago, while busy with legal proceedings, I managed to sneak out of the hearing room at noon time to attend mid-day adult ballet class. Now in retirement, my duties have shifted, there is no excuse to miss ballet class. Ballet routines make me stay alert and on my toes.
NEW! Online Summer Schedule
Les Petits Ballets offers Adult classes in July and August. Please see Summer Program for details.
Ballet Level I
These ballet classes are suitable for adults with no previous or limited training in dance. This level is a perfect introduction to ballet.
Ballet Level II
These ballet classes are suitable for adults with a minimum of 2-3 years of dance training. Students should have a good understanding of basic ballet technique.
Ballet Level III
These ballet classes are suitable for experienced dancers. Students should have a strong understanding of basic ballet technique.
All programs are subject to change in date, time, fee and location. Programs may be cancelled if too few people register.
5 Class ONLINE during COVID19 Pandemic
not available for summer program
5 Class Passes
not available for summer program
|No classes||October 12 to 14 (Thanksgiving weekend), December 3, December 6, December 21-January 5 (Winter Break), February 15-17 (Family Day), March 16-22 (March Break), April 10-13 (Easter), and May 16-18 (Victoria Day weekend)|
Les Petits Ballets does not have a strict dress code for adults. A body suit and tights or t-shirt and comfortable leggings are recommended. Soft ballet shoes are required.
Other Ways to Register
Click here to view and print the Registration Form.
Fall 2019/winter 2020 registration begins July 2019. Choose the method that’s most convenient for you!
~ Mail the completed registration form and cheque payment to:
|Les Petits Ballets
35 Stafford Road,
~ Register in person - payments by cheque:
~ Les Petits Ballets does not accept cash payment
|Nepean Creative Arts Centre
35 Stafford Road, Unit 11
Please make cheques payable to Les Petits Ballets – Please date cheques:
- September 10, 2019 for the Fall Session
- January 6, 2020 for the Winter Session
Terms and Conditions of Registration:
- Cancellations – courses are subject to cancellation due to insufficient registration – if this occurs a full refund will be issued.
- Withdrawals/refunds – full refund before the class starts. Refunds in first three weeks of classes will be prorated for classes attended less a $10 administration fee. No refunds after the third week of classes.
- Returned cheques – a service fee of $15 will be applied to all cheques returned because of non sufficient funds.
- Les Petits Ballets does not send confirmations of registration. You will only be contacted if the class is not proceeding as scheduled.
- Missed adult classes can be made up within the same term.
Code of Conduct:
The Les Petits Ballets Code of Conduct can be downloaded below.
Withdrawals / Refunds:
- Full refund before the class starts less a $10 administration fee.
- Refunds in the first three weeks of classes will be prorated for classes attended less a $10 administration fee.
- No refunds after the third week of classes.
Click Here to view and print the Withdrawal / Refund Form.