Ballet classes benefit children in all areas of life. Ballet teaches children poise and confidence, promotes physical strength, improves concentration, develops understanding of music and rhythm, and helps develop social skills. For kids who want to experience other forms of dance, ballet provides a strong foundation. Many students from our child program go on to join our pre-professional program.
- NCAC: Nepean Creative Arts Centre, Unit 11-35 Stafford Rd., Bells Corners (Map)
Coming Soon! Child Program Schedule - Fall 2022, Winter/Spring 2023
Currently, we do not offer classes for children during the summer months.
Creative Dance - Ages 3-4
This child's ballet class is an excellent introduction to ballet for pre-school children. Creativity and imagination are incorporated into movement and play to keep students engaged.
|Creative Dance||W22-CH-CD-02||Studio 3||12 Feb - 04 Jun||9:00-9:45am||Saturdays||3-4||$117.00||Register|
Preballet I - Ages 4-6
This child's ballet class includes instruction in ballet movement, music and mime. It is designed to help develop flexibility, coordination, spatial awareness as well as listening skills and attention span. Age appropriate stretching exercises are introduced.
|Pre Ballet 1||W22-CH-PB1-02||Studio 3||10 Feb - 26 May||5:45-6:45pm||Thursdays||4-6||$180.00||Full - waitlist|
|Pre Ballet 1||W22-CH-PB1-03||Studio 3||12 Feb - 04 Jun||10:00-11:00am||Saturdays||4-6||$156.00||Full - waitlist|
Preballet II - Ages 6-7
This child's ballet class introduces students to basic ballet steps and vocabulary while they continue to improve strength and coordination. At this level students become eligible to audition for the pre-professional program.
|Pre Ballet 2||W22-CH-PB2-02||Studio 3||12 Feb - 04 Jun||11:15-12:15pm||Saturdays||6-7||$156.00||Register|
|No classes 2021/2022||Thanksgiving, October 9-11; Winter Break, December 20 - January 3; Family Day, February 21; March Break, March 14-20; Easter, April 15-18; Victoria Day May 21-23|
Ballet and Creative Dance: (Girls)
- black leotard
- "Ballet pink" tights
- ballet shoes
- hair must be placed high in a bun
Ballet and Creative Dance: (Boys)
- White T-shirt
- Black tights
- ballet shoes
Terms and Conditions of Registration
All programs are subject to change in date, time, fee and location.
- Cancellations – classes are subject to cancellation due to insufficient registration – if this occurs a full refund will be issued.
- Withdrawals/refunds: Full refund before classes start. Refunds for Fall and or Winter and or Spring registrations: prorated refund in first three weeks of classes less a $10 administration fee; no refund after the third week of classes.
- Note for ONLINE classes: Zoom class link information will be sent via email - please ensure you monitor the email address you provide during registration for this important information.
Code of Conduct:
The Les Petits Ballets Code of Conduct can be downloaded below.