Ballet classes benefit children in all areas of life. Ballet teaches children poise and confidence, promotes physical strength, improves concentration, develops understanding of music and rhythm, and helps develop social skills. For kids who want to experience other forms of dance, ballet provides a strong foundation. Many students from our child program go on to join our pre-professional program.
- NCAC: Nepean Creative Arts Centre, Unit 11-35 Stafford Rd., Bells Corners (Map)
Creative Dance - Ages 3-4
This child's ballet class is an excellent introduction to ballet for pre-school children. Creativity and imagination are incorporated into movement and play to keep students engaged.
|Creative Dance||W19CD01||NCAC||09 Feb - 15 Jun||09:00am-10:00am||Sat||3-4||$158.00||Register|
Preballet I - Ages 4-5
This child's ballet class includes instruction in ballet movement, music and mime. It is designed to help develop flexibility, coordination, spatial awareness as well as listening skills and attention span. Age appropriate stretching exercises are introduced.
|Preballet I||W19PB102||NCAC||09 Feb - 15 Jun||10:00am-11:00am||Sat||4-5||$158.00||Register|
Preballet II - Ages 6-7
This child's ballet class introduces students to basic ballet steps and vocabulary while they continue to improve strength and coordination. At this level students become eligible to audition for the pre-professional program.
|Preballet II||W19PB201||NCAC||04 Feb - 10 Jun||6:00pm-7:00pm||Mon||6-7||$158.00||Register|
Elementary Ballet I & II - Ages 8+
Not Offered for 2018-2019
This level focuses on building strength, ballet technique and importance of correct posture. Students learn ballet terminology and ballet etiquette.
All programs are subject to change in date, time, fee and location. Programs may be cancelled if too few people register.
|No classes||October 6 to 8 (Thanksgiving weekend), February 16-18 (Family Day), November 25-February 3 (Winter Break), March 11-17 (March Break), April 19-22 (Easter) and May 18-20 (Victoria Day weekend)|
Ballet and Creative Dance: (Girls)
- black leotard
- "Ballet pink" tights
- ballet shoes
Ballet and Creative Dance: (Boys)
- White T-shirt
- Black tights
- ballet shoes
- must be placed high in a bun
Other Ways to Register
Click here to view and print the Registration Form.
Fall 2018/winter 2019 registration begins July 2018. Choose the method that’s most convenient for you!
- Mail the completed registration form and cheque payment to:
|Les Petits Ballets
35 Stafford Road,
- Register in person - payments by cheque:
|Nepean Creative Arts Centre
35 Stafford Road, Unit 11
Please make cheques payable to Les Petits Ballets – Please date cheques:
- September 8, 2018 for the Fall Session
- Febuary 4, 2019 for the Winter Session
Terms and Conditions of Registration:
- Cancellations – courses are subject to cancellation due to insufficient registration – if this occurs a full refund will be issued.
- Withdrawals/refunds – full refund before the class starts. Refunds in first three weeks of classes will be prorated for classes attended less a $10 administration fee. No refunds after the third week of classes.
- Returned cheques – a service fee of $15 will be applied to all cheques returned because of non sufficient funds.
- Les Petits Ballets does not send confirmations of registration. You will only be contacted if the class is not proceeding as scheduled.
- A fee of $15 will be charged to issue duplicate Fitness Tax receipts.
Code of Conduct:
The Les Petits Ballets Code of Conduct can be downloaded below.
Withdrawals / Refunds:
- Full refund before the class starts less a $10 administration fee.
- Refunds in the first three weeks of classes will be prorated for classes attended less a $10 administration fee.
- No refunds after the third week of classes.
Click Here to view and print the Withdrawal / Refund Form.