Les Petits Ballets offers classical ballet training from beginner to advanced levels based on the Russian (Vaganova) method. Students are accepted through auditions and are expected to maintain a high caliber of commitment and dedication.
Society of Russian Ballet examinations are part of the pre-professional program. Please visit www.societyofrussianballet.org for more information.
Les Petits Ballets is a non-competitive ballet school and does not participate in competitions. Students from the pre-professional program are eligible to join Les Petits Ballets' Performing Company.
Students from this program have been accepted into professional dance schools as well as university and college dance programs.
Students are selected by audition to the pre-professional program. Group assessment classes for children, age six and above are scheduled annually in June. We evaluate and place students in the appropriate level based on age and ability.
For more information please call 613-321-3205.
Pre-professional Key Dates for 2017/2018
|First day of classes||Tuesday, September 5, 2017|
|Classes end for Winter Break||Friday, December 21, 2017|
|Classes resume||Monday, January 8, 2018|
|Classes end||Monday, June 11, 2018|
|Repertory||Saturday, September 30, 2017 - Friday, May 5, 2018
Holiday Break: December 22, 2017 - January 7, 2018
|Group Rehearsals||Nov. 11, 18 & 25, 2017
April 14, 21, 28 & May 5, 2018
|First day of Jazz/Modern classes||Week of September 11, 2017|
|Jazz/Modern classes end for Winter break||Week of November 13, 2017|
|Jazz/Modern classes resume|
|Jazz/Modern classes end|
|No classes||October 9, 2017 (Thanksgiving)
Week of November 27, 2017 (Elem.2 and up)
February 19, 2018 (Family Day)
March 12-18, 2018 (March break)
March 30, 2018 (Good Friday)
April 2, 2018 (Easter Monday)
May 21, 2018 (Victoria Day)
Week of May 7, 2018 (Elem.1 and up)
|Ballet exams||April 7 & 8, 2018|
|Centrepointe Theatre Rehearsals||Week of November 27, 2017
Week of May 7, 2018
|Centrepointe Theatre Performances||School performances: December 1, 2017 & May 11, 2018 (12:30 pm)
Girl Guide performance: December 1, 2017 (7:00 pm)
Public performances: December 2, 2017 & May 12, 2018 (1:00 & 7:00 pm)
- Plain black leotard; Sleeveless (tank style): Preparatory 1 to Elementary 5/6. Spaghetti straps: Elementary 7/8, Intermediate/Advanced
- Nude-coloured Capezio "Overs & Unders": repertory students only
- "Ballet pink" tights without seams (no cut-offs or socks)
- Pink ballet shoes with elastic. Leather for Preparatory 1 - Elementary 4. Canvas for Elementary 5/6 - Advanced
- Pointe shoes are purchased in consultation with Eva
- Sweatshirts, T-shirts and shorts are not permitted
- Hair must be placed high in a bun. No bangs or loose hair.
All A fee of $15 will be charged to issue a duplicate Fitness Tax Receipt.
The Les Petits Ballets Code of Conduct can be viewed below.
Withdrawals / Refunds:
No refunds after December 31st except for medical reasons or family transfer.
Prior to Dec 31 refunds will be as follows:
- Prior to Oct 15: 75% of total fees
- Oct 16 to Nov 30: 50% of total fees
- Dec 1 to Dec 31: 40% of total fees
Click Below to view and print the withdrawal form.